Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Technology Shift

After reading “From Pencils to Pixels: The Stages of Literacy Technology” written by Dennis Baron, there are so many technologic methods have been created by people in order to extend the range of literacy. All those improved technology not only provide us a better environment to interpret, creative and understand the things related to our life, but also give us more opportunities to know the world and ourselves.

With today’s high speed Internet, we would find the most recent news in the world and also added comments that everyone could share their ideas with it. With today’s GPS and satellite system, people could observe any interested places on the earth without travelling. In addition, with today’s photography and video technology, we could also record and save every precious moment in our life. Take me as an example. If camera had not been created by people, I’ll never find out what my passion is in my life. I used camera to record the world in my eyes. I took a lot of pictures and shared my thoughts with my friends. But more importantly, through using my camera to create works, I learned a lot of things that I had never touched before. It gives people another eye to see through the world, which I think is one of the positive results of today’s technology shift.

No comments:

Post a Comment